Monday, January 4, 2010

The cool thing is...

So far the blog may be a lot of writing about nothing.
Good news is...not only is it keeping me writing something every day, it's making me really think/contemplate writing every day.

I am meeting up with a friend tomorrow to write for a few hours.
And I have some of my pieces to type up as well.

And so I will continue to write in this blog. Although I am sure I am boring whoever, if anyone is reading this...don't worry, it might not get more interesting.
But..it might!

I leave for Austin, TX on Wednesday to visit my friends and family. My family who I have not seen in 2 years. I'm nervous but excited to see them. I hope we can just have fun together. I do miss them and truly cannot believe I have not seen them in so long. And my nieces are now 8 and 11. ugh.

Growing up happens so freakin fast. I cannot believe how they are growing up and how everyone, well mostly everyone (except for a few of my friends), seem to be growing up too and doing adult things. having kids, animals, careers, 2nd careers, businesses, etc.

I feel truly great this year and very clear headed so far. I have no doubt that will ebb and flow.
A book I am reading right now by a very wise woman, Pema Chodron, said something that stuck with me after I read it last night, "What I find helpful is to think of whatever I am experiencing-whether it's sadness, anger, or worry; pleasure, joy, or delight-as simply dynamic, fluid energy of life as it is manifesting right now."

The thought that our emotions will unendingly be changing in a fluid way calmed me.
It's true, we can't always be happy, we won't always be sad. We will be exactly where we are.

No comments:

Post a Comment